Sunday 26 April 2015

The Dunfield Terror by William Meikle

This is the story of Dunfield. A town that has a huge secret. During a huge snowstorm, an ancient evil returns. An evil that will try to take over the town with as much death and destruction as it can wreak. Frank is in charge of overseeing the town, and keeping everyone safe from the strange creeping fog. What he encounters in the fog will haunt him forever....

Told in three threads, two in flashback and then the present day - this is pure Willie at his best. A creeping fog and a Lovecraftian B-Movie type monster make for a fantastic story. Lots of suspense and gore and horror had me glued to every page. The slow unwind in the flashbacks revealed the secret, but it wasn't what I was expecting! I thought I knew where things were heading but in the last quarter Willie took me round a sharp corner and I threw away any ideas I thought I had! I totally recommend this one, with spades!

No comments:

Post a Comment